Tony Woodcock is a recovering Englishman. He came to the U.S. in 1998 to be the President of the Oregon Symphony, moving a few years later to the same position with the Minnesota Orchestra. Although he has enjoyed a rich and fascinating career with performing organizations in this country and the U.K., this is his first position in higher education. After three years at NEC, he describes the experience as everything he wanted and more – and that “I have the best job in the world where any dream or spark of creativity can ignite.” In June 2009, he undertook the cure for his condition and was sworn in as an American citizen.
About NECNew England Conservatory (NEC), located in Boston, MA, is a leading music school with international enrollment, serving students from age 4 through postgraduate degree studies.
- NEC Gospel Ensemble "Is My Living in Vain?" tmblr.co/ZhW77v1lOevza #nowplaying 18 hours ago
- Mezzo Soprano MaryAnn McCormick ‘93 A.D., Music Historian Ellen Exner to Join NEC Faculty tmblr.co/ZiWZmp1lKxdwx #necmusic 1 day ago
- Ran Blake: Ghost Tones: Portraits of George Russell - “There are a lot of sides to George Russell’s life’s... tmblr.co/ZiWZmp1lKJ6OP 1 day ago
- NEC Wind Ensemble - Gabrieli's Canzone et Sonate tmblr.co/ZhW77v1lJv9ku #nowplaying 1 day ago
- Photoset: NEC Opera presents Mozart’s Cosi fan tutte at the Paramount April 2015. tmblr.co/ZiWZmp1lGc5wT 2 days ago