Tony Woodcock is a recovering Englishman. He came to the U.S. in 1998 to be the President of the Oregon Symphony, moving a few years later to the same position with the Minnesota Orchestra. Although he has enjoyed a rich and fascinating career with performing organizations in this country and the U.K., this is his first position in higher education. After three years at NEC, he describes the experience as everything he wanted and more – and that “I have the best job in the world where any dream or spark of creativity can ignite.” In June 2009, he undertook the cure for his condition and was sworn in as an American citizen.
About NECNew England Conservatory (NEC), located in Boston, MA, is a leading music school with international enrollment, serving students from age 4 through postgraduate degree studies.
- For your morning: Eckstine's "A Cool Breeze" w/ Ken Schaphorst and the NEC Jazz Orchestra tmblr.co/ZhW77v1ogA-9d #nowplaying 14 hours ago
- Thelonious Monk "Criss Cross" youtu.be/9ie3CQyHaIQ #nowplaying 1 day ago
- RT @medicitv: The Awards ceremony is now over. Magnificent day and incredible ending of the competition! #TCH15 http://t.co/mx9XgTcJlz 2 days ago
- Congratulations George!! Silver Medal at #TCH15 #teamgeorge 2 days ago
- Go George Go!!! #tch15 2 days ago