Tony Woodcock is a recovering Englishman. He came to the U.S. in 1998 to be the President of the Oregon Symphony, moving a few years later to the same position with the Minnesota Orchestra. Although he has enjoyed a rich and fascinating career with performing organizations in this country and the U.K., this is his first position in higher education. After three years at NEC, he describes the experience as everything he wanted and more – and that “I have the best job in the world where any dream or spark of creativity can ignite.” In June 2009, he undertook the cure for his condition and was sworn in as an American citizen.
About NECNew England Conservatory (NEC), located in Boston, MA, is a leading music school with international enrollment, serving students from age 4 through postgraduate degree studies.
- RT @NECPrep: Prep Students rocking the NEC Pride! @necmusic #chambermusic http://t.co/fSrZbCLOLX 9 hours ago
- Photo: A bunch of these sunny envelopes are making their way across the country today! One of them may be... tmblr.co/ZiWZmp1gvafpH 1 day ago
- Photoset: Reasons members of the class of 2015 is giving to the Class Gift. tmblr.co/ZiWZmp1gvF-GU 1 day ago
- RT @nec_classgift: What were you able to do @necmusic ? #give5friday instagram.com/p/0vgMpALDzj/ 1 day ago
- OCD alert: Our instagram is at 591 followers. Can we get to a nice round 600 by the end of the day? instagram.com/necmusic/ 1 day ago