Tony Woodcock is a recovering Englishman. He came to the U.S. in 1998 to be the President of the Oregon Symphony, moving a few years later to the same position with the Minnesota Orchestra. Although he has enjoyed a rich and fascinating career with performing organizations in this country and the U.K., this is his first position in higher education. After three years at NEC, he describes the experience as everything he wanted and more – and that “I have the best job in the world where any dream or spark of creativity can ignite.” In June 2009, he undertook the cure for his condition and was sworn in as an American citizen.
About NECNew England Conservatory (NEC), located in Boston, MA, is a leading music school with international enrollment, serving students from age 4 through postgraduate degree studies.
- RT @nataliedietz: Great presentation by @sunthekevin on challenging trane, clifford brown + joe henderson solos! http://t.co/X4rxJUw0m4 1 day ago
- NEC Appoints Presidential Search Committee to Choose New Leader: ow.ly/M55i8 1 day ago
- RT @SpearsThomas: Skylark in 7/4?!?! #jazz #necmusic #practicerooms @ New England Conservatory of Music instagram.com/p/11nvB8mIrR/ 1 day ago
- <3 RT @KevTuba1019: One of the highlights of my time in Boston. Laying it down on the tuba in the @necmusic big band! instantencore.com/work/work.aspx… 1 day ago
- RT @HankMou: @necmusic Masterclass with Atar Arad right now in Keller. Performance by him at 4pm #necmasterclass http://t.co/OKsyq5KVKw 1 day ago