Tony Woodcock is a recovering Englishman. He came to the U.S. in 1998 to be the President of the Oregon Symphony, moving a few years later to the same position with the Minnesota Orchestra. Although he has enjoyed a rich and fascinating career with performing organizations in this country and the U.K., this is his first position in higher education. After three years at NEC, he describes the experience as everything he wanted and more – and that “I have the best job in the world where any dream or spark of creativity can ignite.” In June 2009, he undertook the cure for his condition and was sworn in as an American citizen.
About NECNew England Conservatory (NEC), located in Boston, MA, is a leading music school with international enrollment, serving students from age 4 through postgraduate degree studies.
- HOT DAMN! Our 2014-2015 Season has been announced! Read all about it here: ow.ly/zsCaE 13 hours ago
- Tuesday morning soundtrack: Monk's Dream tmblr.co/ZhW77v1MBC0E- #nowplaying 18 hours ago
- Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli plays Chopin - Andante Spianato, Grande Polanaise Brillante Op.22.mp4 ow.ly/zowb6 #nowplaying 1 day ago
- FRIDDAAAYYY Harry Belafonte " Shake Senora" tmblr.co/ZhW77v1Lq6_Az #nowplaying 4 days ago
- Ravel's Concerto for Piano left hand, in D major tmblr.co/ZhW77v1LkKXZl #nowplaying 5 days ago