Tony Woodcock is a recovering Englishman. He came to the U.S. in 1998 to be the President of the Oregon Symphony, moving a few years later to the same position with the Minnesota Orchestra. Although he has enjoyed a rich and fascinating career with performing organizations in this country and the U.K., this is his first position in higher education. After three years at NEC, he describes the experience as everything he wanted and more – and that “I have the best job in the world where any dream or spark of creativity can ignite.” In June 2009, he undertook the cure for his condition and was sworn in as an American citizen.
About NECNew England Conservatory (NEC), located in Boston, MA, is a leading music school with international enrollment, serving students from age 4 through postgraduate degree studies.
- RT @danachis: Happy Thanksgiving! If you are home with parents, please update their browsers. 21 hours ago
- #thankful youtu.be/N2YMSt3yfko 1 day ago
- #Thankful for the magic that happens when this room is filled with beautiful music and our incredible friends tmblr.co/ZiWZmp1WX_JIe 1 day ago
- For prior proper planning: eepurl.com/81w_D #necmusic @NEC_concerts ow.ly/EVtGH 1 day ago
- INTERVIEW: @morethan88 with @AllAboutJazz in a wonderful wide ranging conversation. ow.ly/EOAio #necfaculty #jazz 1 day ago