Tony Woodcock is a recovering Englishman. He came to the U.S. in 1998 to be the President of the Oregon Symphony, moving a few years later to the same position with the Minnesota Orchestra. Although he has enjoyed a rich and fascinating career with performing organizations in this country and the U.K., this is his first position in higher education. After three years at NEC, he describes the experience as everything he wanted and more – and that “I have the best job in the world where any dream or spark of creativity can ignite.” In June 2009, he undertook the cure for his condition and was sworn in as an American citizen.
About NECNew England Conservatory (NEC), located in Boston, MA, is a leading music school with international enrollment, serving students from age 4 through postgraduate degree studies.
- RT @necTuesNewMusic: Great artwork by Kledia Spiro of @SMFABoston on our September #TNNM concert poster! [ @mfaboston @NEC_concerts @necmus… 15 hours ago
- RT @hunterabennett: Me playing #orchestralprotrusion "@necmusic: 1st notes of 1st rehearsal for concert on Oct 1st. tmblr.co/ZiWZmp1R1PM-x" 15 hours ago
- You guys, @DenyceGraves is coming back to NEC! eepurl.com/25IBz cc: @NECmusic_Alumni 15 hours ago
- Boston Double Reed Day is coming to NEC! - eepurl.com/3jFwT #doublereedday #oboe #bassoon 18 hours ago
- VIDEO: Learn more about NEC: Collaborative Piano Studies tmblr.co/ZiWZmp1R1cUYP 19 hours ago