Tony Woodcock is a recovering Englishman. He came to the U.S. in 1998 to be the President of the Oregon Symphony, moving a few years later to the same position with the Minnesota Orchestra. Although he has enjoyed a rich and fascinating career with performing organizations in this country and the U.K., this is his first position in higher education. After three years at NEC, he describes the experience as everything he wanted and more – and that “I have the best job in the world where any dream or spark of creativity can ignite.” In June 2009, he undertook the cure for his condition and was sworn in as an American citizen.
About NECNew England Conservatory (NEC), located in Boston, MA, is a leading music school with international enrollment, serving students from age 4 through postgraduate degree studies.
- Photoset: NEC Percussion Ensemble + Yazhi Guo + Frank Epstein in Jordan Hall November 24, 2013 Photos:... tmblr.co/ZiWZmp10rI8mD 19 hours ago
- Soovin Kim to Join Faculty - NEC Announces Appointment of American Violinist Soovin Kim to the Strings... tmblr.co/ZiWZmp10qsT8z 20 hours ago
- PHOTO: We've been sampling this gorgeous and delicious food to bring the best to @necfeast! ow.ly/rCYCL 23 hours ago
- Vince Guaraldi Trio: Skating tmblr.co/ZhW77v10pgDrq #nowplaying 1 day ago
- RT @MFFBoston: Concert day!! Join us at 8pm tonight in Brown Hall at New England Conservatory! ow.ly/rBx1v 1 day ago