Tony Woodcock is a recovering Englishman. He came to the U.S. in 1998 to be the President of the Oregon Symphony, moving a few years later to the same position with the Minnesota Orchestra. Although he has enjoyed a rich and fascinating career with performing organizations in this country and the U.K., this is his first position in higher education. After three years at NEC, he describes the experience as everything he wanted and more – and that “I have the best job in the world where any dream or spark of creativity can ignite.” In June 2009, he undertook the cure for his condition and was sworn in as an American citizen.
About NECNew England Conservatory (NEC), located in Boston, MA, is a leading music school with international enrollment, serving students from age 4 through postgraduate degree studies.
- JUST ADDED: Photos from the NEC Jazz Composers Ensemble, NEC Gospel Ensemble + In the Mix Series in Pierce Hall ow.ly/GblFj 1 day ago
- RT @marnen: It's the big day! Come see my graduation recital at New England Conservatory (Williams Hall) at 8:00 tonight! @necmusic 1 day ago
- Liszt: Benediction de Dieu dans la Solitude . youtu.be/_f5nIqk5FwI #nowplaying 1 day ago
- Thank you for this, it was much needed RT @mmvk: Helped @jeremysarna & Bob for a bit behind the angels of Jordan Hall instagram.com/p/wwxZLpyIs2/ 2 days ago
- From our Notes issue Winter 2000 " The @bostonglobe saw the YPO off with an editorial praising the group tmblr.co/ZiWZmp1YItu6D #TBT 2 days ago