Tony Woodcock is a recovering Englishman. He came to the U.S. in 1998 to be the President of the Oregon Symphony, moving a few years later to the same position with the Minnesota Orchestra. Although he has enjoyed a rich and fascinating career with performing organizations in this country and the U.K., this is his first position in higher education. After three years at NEC, he describes the experience as everything he wanted and more – and that “I have the best job in the world where any dream or spark of creativity can ignite.” In June 2009, he undertook the cure for his condition and was sworn in as an American citizen.
About NECNew England Conservatory (NEC), located in Boston, MA, is a leading music school with international enrollment, serving students from age 4 through postgraduate degree studies.
- RT @alexfpowell: Quite the operation at NEC advising and registration! #necmusic #welcomenewstudents http://t.co/5oyvS9sFiH 2 days ago
- That was our thought. Also "What took us so long?" RT @Sunthekevin: @necmusic @necjazz the start of an era, right here 2 days ago
- Have you checked out our brand new Jazz centric Tweets yet? Head over to @NECjazz today! 2 days ago
- Alfred Brendel: Schubert Piano Sonata No 21 B flat Major [URL #nowplaying 3 days ago
- Oh Heyyyy check out number 5!! ow.ly/AOJns via @propertyshark #necmusic #jordanhall #bosarts 3 days ago